Becoming a member of WCS opens the door to a community of dedicated and supportive industry professionals, musicians and booking agents.
With over 20 events up and down the west coast, and growing, there are many opportunities for you to participate, learn and network.
- Enjoy performance opportunities and share your creativity in an informal, supportive environment,
- Receive written evaluations from qualified judges at Song Competitions
- Songs reviewed by prominent publishers, producers and recording industry representatives in search of outstanding material and musicians at Song screenings
- Free Song Screenings by Industry Leaders throughout the year. Non-Members pay $25 (if space available)
- Receive feedback on your finished or unfinished work at Works in Progress Sessions
- Network with fellow songwriters and industry pros at all events
- Professional resources and referrals available for members
- Reduced/free rates for WCS Members at Seminars and Workshops presented on topics such as the art and craft of songwriting to marketing to performance to music business
- Reduced rates on WCS presents Songwriting Classes presented by pro writers
- Reduced rates for the Annual "Up Close and Personal" Music Conference in San Francisco
- Volunteer opportunities to become a leader and supporter of our community
- Get your songs heard. Whether it's the industry or your peers, West Coast Songwriters offers the perfect safe networking opportunities with many opportunities for feedback on your songs/artistry
- Exclusive to WCS members a 3 month extended free trial with Bandzoogle, professional band website builder plus a 15% discounted membership to follow.
- Discounted rates for members at Music City San Francisco
- Winners of Best Song and Best Performance receive awards and prizes. Prizes are dependent on location.
- WCS Members receive 50% tickets to the Bill Graham and the Rock and Roll Revolution (March 17-July 5). Tickets available in advance for gallery chats. Present valid card at the door to confirm discount.