Here you will find up to date information about what's going on in the WCS Portland Chapter. It's easy to find who to contact, where to go and when it's all happening! If you need to reach us, please follow the link below to email the Portland Managers.
NEWS FROM PORTLAND MANAGERS: Updates...4/13
Have you invited your friends to come enjoy an evening of original music? It's a great way to build your following and a great way to introduce people to WCS. So share the news, put the WCS logo on your website and help share the news of your participation and in all the great songwriters in the area!
And remember, each month winners receive great prizes...
Best Song and Best Performer win the following:
* Premium Artist Service Package, from Noisy Planet which includes hosting up to 20 songs, 5 photos, and your bio, plus they’ll distribute one album to iTunes, eMusic, Rhapsody, Amazon MP3, Napster and others. In addition you will receive 100 personalized promo cards promoting you as a featured artist on Noisy Planet.
Here's how the Skype Publisher Pitch works.
- RSVP to WCS Portland that you want to attend/submit.
- Send me a .mp3 of your song, and the lyrics, we will get them to Mark ahead of time so he can read/listen at his studio (BY APRIL 15th please!)
- WCS MEMBERS FREE ENTRY (if you are not one, please Sign Up...
- Non WCS members, only $15, which we ask you to pay online (if you cannot do that, you may bring a check for $15, made out to WCS, at the Publisher's Pitch, but PLEASE do not stand us up)
- Show up, by 1:45, on Sunday April 17th, and be ready to listen and learn; it will be a very cool 3 hours.
- Songs are played in the order submitted
- $5 cover charge
- Non-members welcome, but only WCS members may submit songs. However, should you wish to join at the door, you will be able to participate the same evening.
- Submit one song per person on CD with a typed lyric sheet showing member's name/address/phone attached to the back with a rubber band.
- Deadline for CD submission is the sign-up closing time.
- All songs are played in the room, with the music industry guest critiquing each song so that everyone can hear the song and his/her comments.
- If interested, the guest will pick up the song for further consideration.
- PLEASE NOTE: SONG SCREENINGS ARE OPEN TO WCS MEMBERS ONLY. Sign Up Now
CD Mail-In Service
- If you are unable to attend the song screening, you may mail in one song for that month's screening series - but it must be received before the 15th of that month.
- CD's will not be returned
- You will receive a Publisher's Response Form giving you written feedback regarding your song.
- Please include a $5 check and a SASE
- On the outside of the envelope, write the name of the guest screener
- Mail your CD and Lyric Sheet (One Song Only) plus your $5 fee (Please, no cash) to WCS, 1724 Laurel Street, Suite #120, San Carlos, CA 94070
Works In Progress
As a member of WCS, you have the opportunity to meet with talented, well-respected and accomplished songwriters to review your song (either finished or unfinished). You will receive constructive comments to make your song better.