Held the second weekend in September at Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, CA. With a special kick-off party Friday night, it’s your chance to meet fellow conference attendees as well as the many and varied industry leaders instructing the full weekend of seminars. Our “UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL” event means just that – industry leaders are always available to chat throughout the weekend to musicians, media and those interested in a career in the music industry.
Few music conferences provide such an intimate setting for networking with prominent industry guests. Saturday and Sunday attendees are provided the rare opportunity to
- participate in one-on-one consultations with industry leaders at the top of their game,
- develop networking opportunities,
- attend songwriting seminars,
- showcase bands,
- learn about the latest industry standards,
- attend legal workshops,
- participate in voice coaching, sound quality & stage presence lessons,
- have lyrics reviewed,
- participate in song screenings
- and performance showcases.
Unique to this conference, you are guaranteed two listens per day in Song Screening Sessions.
There are so many seminars and individual consultations that it is practically impossible to pick and chose which to attend. And it doesn’t end there! Saturday evening enjoy dinner and a beautiful sunset concert with the three grand finalists from the yearlong songwriters competitions held in over 12 locations. These finalists have the rare opportunity to perform in front of more than 60 music industry professionals, looking to sign new bands, musicians and songwriters.
This is a weekend to prepare for; bring your bio/photos and CD’s and promote yourself amongst the accessible, leading industry guests; meet new friends and forge new relationships to further your music career.
The 2014 Conference will be WCS's 34th Anniversary!
Be sure to keep up to date with all the special events for this year! Saturday & Sunday September 13th & 14th, 2014 10:30am-6pm Saturday & 10:30am-3pm on Sunday (Sunset Concert Saturday, 6:30pm). Kick Off event in Palo Alto on Friday, September 12th at Cibos.
- 2-Day VOLUNTEER (WCS Members only) $185 by 8/20
- Non-Volunteer Member 2 Days - $255 by 8/20 , $280 walk-up
- "Bring A Buddy" - Bring a friend with you to attend seminars, the performances, and to eat the same meals with you for $50 a day
- SPECIAL UNDER 21 PRICE $80: enter UNDER 21 in the discount code
- 2 Days - $305 by 8/20, $330 walk-up
- "Bring A Buddy" - You can bring a buddy to attend seminars, the performances, and to enjoy the same meals with you for $50 a day
- If you're under 21 years old we have a Special Price of $100. To receive this discount, enter UNDER 21 in the discount code when paying. Bring your ID to Registration to confirm that you are under 21.
The Program (uploaded as new information is confirmed)