I'm looking for a musician
Anyone wishing to hire a musician is welcome to view the listing. However, you must first request a temporary login password. Please send an email with REQUEST LOGIN as subject line. You will receive an automatically generated password that is good for only 24 hours. Please access the site as quickly as possible and change your password so that you may remain active for 14 days.
Please note, you are not entering any contract by requesting booking information. All those details should be worked out directly between yourself and the performer. WCS is here to help promote our musicians and provide an outlet for discussion, nothing more.
What do I need to ask the Musician?
There are a number of questions that always arise and it is best to get everything out at the earliest opportunity so everybody is clear to all details. Here's a list of some of those questions you should think about before you contact the musician. AND...there are most likely other questions that you may have that are not listed, so think carefully before you make the final leap!
- Actual performance time (please be sure to include breaks - it's not possible to perform for hours!)
- Dress Code
- Do you allow the musician to sell CD's or put out a tip jar?
- Do they require electrical outlets?
- Is lighting needed?
- Is a stage required or necessary?
- Of course...what will be their rate for the performance?
- How much space do they need?
- If outdoors, do they require a tent over their heads?
- Do you allow friends of the musician attend (if it is a public venue -- ie restaurant etc)
- What are you able to share in the way of food/beverages with the musicians.
What should I ALWAYS have available for the Musician?
- BOTTLED WATER, and plenty of it (check if they prefer chilled or room temperature)
- IF it's a band or larger group (soda, beer, wine, snacks, dinner....) it depends on the time of day, length of performance and temperatures.
- Safe place to store personal belongings while on stage
- If a band, you may need to provide a "green room" for them to use.