Rules for the WCS International Song Contest
2014 Requirements for the WCS International Song Contest
PLEASE take the time to read the rules and regulations carefully for the West Coast Songwriters International Song Contest. If you have any questions regarding the contest or any other matter related to entering, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone (650) 654-3966.
Each Entry must include the following:
- Completed and signed ENTRY FORM (or photocopy). All signatures must be original or ENTER THROUGH SONICBIDS
- CD each containing one song only, five (5) minutes or less in length.
- Lyric sheet, typed or printed legibly (please include English translation, if applicable) with each entry. Sheets not required for instrumental compositions.
- Check or money order for $20.00 (U.S. currency only) payable to “WCS Songwriting Contest”. If paying by credit card, $20.00 per song will be charged to your account.
ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JUNE 9th 2014
- Each song submitted must be contestant’s original work. Songs may not exceed five (5) minutes in length. No song previously recorded and released through major national distribution in any country will be eligible.Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name only on the application. Contestant may submit as many songs in as many categories as s/he wishes, but each entry requires a separate cassette or CD, entry form, lyric sheet, and entrance fee. One check or money order for multiple entries/categories is permitted. (Entrance fee is non-refundable. WCS is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.)
- We have some great prizes:
- Categories include: Acoustic/Singer/Songwriter, Adult Contemporary, Alternative. Americana, Bluegrass/Country, Blues, Boadway/Caberet, Children's Music, Classical, Christian/Gospel/Inspirational, Electronic/Dance/DJ, Folk, Funk, Hip-Hop/Rap, Humorous, Instrumental, Jazz, Latin, Metal, New Age/Ambient, and Miscellaneous/Other, Pop, Raggae, Rock, Urban/R&B/Soul, and World. There is an “Instrumental” category, but not a “lyric only” category. All songs must be original.
- The prize winners will be announced on this website (http://www.westcoastsongwriters.org) on August 15th 2014, and on the WCS Blog.
- Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters. Signature of parent/guardian required for each entrant under 18 years of age. Employees of WCS, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible
- Winners will be selected by an Executive Committee comprised of noted singer/songwriters. Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, and lyrics (when applicable). The quality of performance and production will not be considered. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song. Division of prizes is responsibility of winners. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Winners will be notified by mail and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of the notification date. The affidavit will state that winner’s song is original work and s/he holds all rights to song. Failure to sign and return such affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/ inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits subject to verification by WCS and its agents.Entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, and voices for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- Winners will be determined by June 9th, 2014, after which each participant can request a list of winners by e-mail. CDs, and lyric sheets will not be returned.