As a fully paid WCS Member you have access to the Members Only Section of the website. Once you have logged in (Top right corner of the screen) you will see that the box "WHAT CAN WCS DO FOR YOU" has now opened up for the private Members Only Section: Mentor Center; Get a Gig; Legal Corner; Collaboration Corner and soon...special classes for members only.
TO START: Fill in your BIO
Be sure to fill in your information on your private BIO page. To access your page, you must be logged in (upper right corner of the home page). Once you are logged in, click "EDIT" which is located on the line by your name and then "DETAILS" which is on the line below. Edit all your details and be as accurate as possible. Add as much detail including your travel distance and charges. If you have any references or quotes - please add them. The more robust your page is, the more likely someone will hire you.
When you are approached by someone regarding a performance, please respond as quickly as possible. Remember, please... you are a representative of WCS here, so please remain professional and polite. You will have many questions, but here are some things for you to remember in your discussions:
- Actual performance time (please be sure to let them know you do need breaks).
- How should I dress?
- May I sell CD's or put out a tip jar?
- Are there electrical outlets?
- Will there be lighting?
- What will be the rate for the event - or is it by the hour?
- How much space do I have?
- If outdoors, will there be a tent or shade of some sort?
- Can my friends attend (if it is a public venue -- ie restaurant etc)
- What kind of beverages will be available?
- Is there a safe place to put my personal belongings while I perform?
- Is this a plugged or acoustic event?
- Who provides the sound system?