8 weekly Songwriting Classes held at the WCS Office starting Wednesday, January 9th. The class will start with a specific songwriting topic.. Rolfe will set weekly assignments. You can choose to do the assignment or bring in a song you are working on for review the following week. Cost for the 8 classes is only $100. Class will run from 7PM to 10pm each week and is limited to just 12 students. Rolfe has been a performing songwriter for many years, with major label releases, signed as a staff writer and many placements in TV & Film and more.
Breaking Through The Noise Workshop starts January 20th 2019
Breaking Through the Noise is an Online live program created for the Artist, Songwriter, Producer, and Composer, who wants to make a living doing what they love to do, and are serious about licensing music for TV, Film, Commercials and New Media.
Next Session starts January 20th at noon PST
We will meet online once a week for an hour and half, for 4 consecutive weeks.
It’s almost the New Year, a time for goal setting. Close your eyes and think about a little more than a year from now...2020 …in 2019 you've invested into your career in a strategic way… worked hard and smart...and you are starting to see results. A publisher? Or maybe a licensing agent? Interest in your songs? A placement or three? You are starting to see a return on your investment... your investment will start coming back 10-fold! AND you're going to be feeling so fulfilled each day as you take direct action toward your goals…And what if you didn’t sign up? What will it feel like if you don't take the leap and show up for yourself and your career? What will it feel like if you don't start seeing traction and results in your career and feel motivated and focused every day?
This is what you will get when you sign up for the class:
- The Ins and Out of Sync: Feedback sessions, assignments, and a clear understanding of what works
- Music Supervisors, Editors, Publishers and Licensing Agents: A chance to ask your questions, have your songs heard, and connect with the gatekeepers.
- Monthly Opportunities to pitch your music for TV, Ads and Film: You’ll be part of our mailing list - the in-crowd in real time for searches.
- Songwriting assignments based on Music Sup Needs: A chance to learn what kind of songs are in demand and how to create them.
- Access to producers: Q&A and meet and greets with outstanding producers who are creating music for sync.
- A Private Facebook Group: Facebook live sessions with your mentors, feedback on your songs, Accountability, Office hours for Q&A, meet co-writers, producers, and other like-minded artists.
- Access to Pink Shark Music, LLC Team: one of the best and growing music publishers and licensing agencies in Los Angeles representing composers and indie artists.
- Accountability and Check-Ins: Constant motivation and support. Teaming up with other course members to stay on track
Songwriting Workshop with Rolfe Wyer starts Wednesday, Jan 9th
Rolfe Wyer will present a new Songwriting class in January of 2019. Classes start on Wednesday, January 9th at the WCS Office, 1724 Laurel Street, Suite 120, San Carlos CA 94070. Class runs from 7PM-10pm each week.
Rolfe will be covering many topics including writing lyrics, melody, and collaboration. He will be setting assignments for those that wish to participate and also critiquing participants songs. Some classes may be hosted by Rolfe's label partner Jay Howlett.
Cost for the for the 8 week course is $100. This class will be limited to just 12 students.
Online Classes With Hit Songwriter Gary Burr
You all want to write the best, most compelling songs you can. What if you could get some help and hints from a successful songwriter to make your existing songs better or write better songs from scratch?
I am writing to you about a new online course designed to help you write the best songs you can offered by Nashville Hall of Fame songwriter, Gary Burr.
Gary Burr has had 32 top 40 hits, 24 top tens and 14 number ones, and been honored as Songwriter of the Year by Billboard Magazine, ASCAP and the Nashville Songwriters Association of America. His songs have been recorded in the rock, pop, Latin and country genres by artists as diverse as Juice Newton, Joe Cocker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Reba McEntire, Randy Travis, Faith Hill, Ricky Martin & Christina Aguilera, and many others.
He has created a course to teach you what he has learned over the course of writing songs and getting them recorded over the past almost 40 years. It supplements the kind of instruction and guidance we have been offering at our West Coast Songwriting Festival.
Gary has a different slant, and is not only a good teacher, but he makes the process fun and lively.
And because it is online, you don’t have to spend time or money traveling. And you can go over the course material as often as you need to fully absorb and use the lessons within.
Registration is only open for a week, April 9th till midnight April 15th, since Gary is creating a supportive community of writers who will go through the course together.
To find out more and to register, click HERE
P.S. It’s rare to find someone who both knows how to write great songs AND how to help others write better songs. Gary is the real deal.