Welcome to Redwood City
Here you will find up to date information about what's going on in the WCS Redwood City Location. It's easy to find who to contact, where to go and when it's all happening! If you need to reach us, please email the Redwood City Managers.
Congratulations to the West Coast Songwriters Redwood City Chapter March 2018 Best Song - The Complements - "Invincible"... Best Performance - Jenny Ball - "Long Distance Call" - Thanks to our judges: Mike Simpson & Edmond Clare ..Chapter Managers Pete Sommer, KJ Smith & Linda Yelnick.
Songwriter Competition Information:
- LAST Tuesday of the month (Except October will be held on 24th due to Halloween)
- Location: ANGELICA'S, Theatre Two Upstairs; 863 Main Street, Redwood City
- SIGN-UP: 6:30 pm. Start time: 7 pm.
- House PA and Keyboard (Casio 88 weighted) available.
- Be sure to invite your friends. Audience encouraged.
- Please make sure that you membership is current.
- Non-members are ineligible to win (but can perform, time permitting)
- Sound and co-managers Pete Sommer & KJ Smith
- SONGWRITING COMPETITION RULES
- Best Song of the Month receives 2 hours of song consultation with David Scheibner, former composer for Entertainment Tonight and current catalog is represented by Atrium Music in L.A. David's musical experience is a result of almost 20 years in LA, writing for such companies as Walt Disney and Paramount. His move to Nashville continued his work in music production. Now residing in the Bay Area, David music library can be heard in various network TV productions. David can offer the winning contestant a variety of options, including ideas for taking the song to the next level, arrangement or demo possibilities. Winner of Best Song will also be featured on the West Coast Songwriters YouTube site for one week. Winners, please talk to your location managers for details.
- Best Performance of the Month receives 40 mins vocal coaching at Iari Melchor's studio in San Jose
- A member can win Best Song Of The Month and Best Performance Of The Month twice during a season (with different songs) in each WCS Location. Playoffs are in July to determine Redwood City Best Song Of The Year. In August, the winners of Best Song of the Year from every WCS Location compete at the Finals for WCS Best Song of the Year. Three winners are chosen to perform at the annual WCS Conference in September.
Redwood City Competition Playoffs: July 31st, 2018
WCS Grand Finals: August 24, 2018
- Follow us on Twitter @WCSong
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe to WCS YouTube
- Post our logo and link on your sites - help share the news!
WEST COAST SONGWRITERS
WCS is one of the oldest and most active songwriter organizations in the world. WCS is a non-profit with more than 1,200 members. Membership and admission charges are tax deductible. WCS is a volunteer organization. If you can volunteer, please speak with the Managers or contact WCS. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask the Managers.
2017-2018 Song of the Year Winner:
Best Song: Alicia Muller The Complements - "Invincible"
Thanks to our judges: Iari Melchor, Edmond Clare & Mike Simpson
Chapter Managers Pete Sommer, KJ Smith & Linda Yelnick
MAY 2018 Winners:
Best Song: Chris Hanson - "My Entire Life"
Best Performance: Marilyn Cooney - "At The Gym"
APRIL 2018 Winners:
Best Song: Meghan Williams - "Round This Table"
Best Performance: Samantha Kostick - "Runaway
MARCH 2018 Winners:
Best Song: The Complements - "Invincible"
Best Performance: Jenny Ball - "Long Distance Call"
FEBRUARY 2018 Winners:
Best Song: Andy Karn - "Pay The Devil"
Best Performance: Rosemarie Echelson Austin - "Far Above It"
Thanks to our judges: Mike Simpson & Mark LeMon..Chapter Managers Pete Sommer, KJ Smith & Linda Yelnick
JANUARY 2018 Winners:
Best Song: Courtney Farren - "Enough"
Best Performance: Levi J - "Cowboy Jack"
Thanks to our judge: Mark LeMon..Chapter Managers Pete Sommer, KJ Smith & Linda Yelnick
NOVEMBER 2017 Winners:
Best Song: Samantha Margret - "As It Turns Out"
Best Performance: Mick McMorrow - "I See Your Face"
SEPTEMBER 2017 Winners:
Best Song: Greg McMorrow - "The Fair"
Best Performance: Phillip Engstrom - "Don't Worry bout the Weather"