2020 Requirements for the WCS International Song Contest
THE 2020 SONG CONTEST .
PLEASE take the time to read the rules and regulations carefully for the West Coast Songwriters International Song Contest. If you have any questions regarding the contest or any other matter related to entering, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (650) 654-3966.
Each Entry must include the following:
- When entering your song you are agreeing to the rules and regulations below.
- Yours attached song five (5) minutes or less in length.
- Your lyric pasted into the body of your email (please include English translation, if applicable) with each entry. Lead Sheets not required for instrumental compositions. List your name, the song title and the category you are entering your song into. If you are not sure of the category, leave category blank and we will enter it into what we feel is appropriate. Also list your tee shirt size in case you win a prize.
- $20.00 per song entered
ENTRIES MUST BE SENT NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT P.S.T. APRIL 30th 2020 DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 15TH
- Each song submitted must be contestant’s original work. Songs may not exceed five (5) minutes in length. No song previously recorded and released through major national distribution in any country will be eligible. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name only on the entry form. Contestant may submit as many songs in as many categories as s/he wishes, but each entry requires a separate entry, lyric and entrance fee. Entrance fee is non-refundable. WCS is not responsible for late, or misappropriated entries.)
- Artists entering the West Coast Songwriters (WCS) International Song Contest 2020 have the chance to win an impressive array of prizes. Deadline APRIL 30th 2020
GRAND PRIZE: Yamaha FG800 guitar valued at $325
For Performing Songwriters - a performance spot at this year's SUNSET CONCERT (priceless) plus 2 Conference registration passes $700 value and a performance spot at our Palo Alto Chapter's televised show. You will also receive 1 hour of one on one coaching with songwriter Andre Pesis ($100 Value) who has had 6 hit songs and been on 7 number one albums including the Bonnie Raitt "Luck Of The Draw" multi platinum CD that won 3 Grammy's.
RUNNER UP RECEIVES:
1 hour of one on one coaching with songwriter Andre Pesis ($100 Value) who has had 6 hit songs and been on 7 number one albums including the Bonnie Raitt "Luck Of The Draw" multi platinum CD that won 3 Grammy's.
Every Category Winner will receive a WCS Tee Shirt, & Certificate
Categories include: Acoustic/Singer/Songwriter, Adult Contemporary, Alternative. Americana, Bluegrass/Country, Blues, Boadway/Caberet, Children's Music, Classical, Christian/Gospel/Inspirational, Electronic/Dance/DJ, Folk, Funk, Hip-Hop/Rap, Humorous, Instrumental, Jazz, Latin, Metal, New Age/Ambient, and Miscellaneous/Other, Pop, Raggae, Rock, Urban/R&B/Soul, and World. There is an “Instrumental” category, but not a “lyric only” category. All songs must be original. If there are 5 or less songs in a category, the songs will be moved to Miscellaneous. A winner will be selected from that category.
- This Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters. A parent/guardian required to agree to the entry for entries by songwriters under 18 years of age. Employees of WCS, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible.
- Winners will be selected by an Executive Committee comprised of noted singer/songwriters. Past judges and Conference guests include Hit Songwriters and producers Narada Michael Walden, Steve Seskin, Andre Pessis, George Merrill, Bonnie Hayes, and others. Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, and lyrics (when applicable). The quality of performance and production will not be considered. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song.
- The prize winners will be announced on the front page of our website, via press releases and all social networking tools.
- Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song. Division of prizes is responsibility of winners. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Winners will be notified by email and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of the notification date. The affidavit will state that winner’s song is original work and s/he holds all rights to song. Failure to sign and return such affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/ inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits subject to verification by WCS and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, and voices for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Winners will be determined by July 15th, 2020, after which each participant can request a list of winners by e-mail.