News from Vallejo
PLEASE NOTE: There is no December competition -- Happy Holidays!
Here you will find up to date information about what's going on in the WCS Vallejo Location. It's easy to find who to contact, where to go and when it's all happening! If you need to reach us, please email the Vallejo Managers.
Please make sure that you membership is current. Non-members are ineligible to win. RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP
Hearty congratulations to all the winners of Best Song Of The Month at Vallejo! Wishing you all good luck at the playoffs. And certainly hope that you all will come to Berkeley to root for your favorites at The Grand Finals on August 25th. They will certainly appreciate your support.
SONGWRITER COMPETITION INFORMATION
- 2nd Monday of the month
- Location: The Empress Theatre, 330 Virginia St., Vallejo
- SIGN-UP: 6:30PM. Start time 7:30PM
- Be sure to invite your friends. Audience encouraged.
- Please make sure that you membership is current (Smartphone photo of card is OK)
- Non-members are ineligible to win (but can perform, time permitting)
- Managers - Liza Marie Sparks, John Todd, Jay Gottlieb
- CONTACT THE VALLEJO MANAGER
There are 2 winners of the Songwriting Competition each month, Best Song and Best Performance.
- Best Song of the Month will receive 3 hours of recording time from 25th Street Recording in Oakland and a certificate from Noisy Planet. Additionally, Best song winner will be on the WCS YouTube Channel as a featured artist. Video file (not YouTube link), song title, location and short blurb with link to website/facebook should be provided to email@example.com
- Best Performance of the Month will receive 3 hours of recording time from 25th Street Recording in Oakland and a certificate from Noisy Planet.
A member can win Best Song Of The Month and Best Performance Of The Month twice during a season (with different songs) in each WCS Location. Playoffs will be held August 14th to determine Vallejo Best Song Of The Year. On August 25th, the winners of Best Song of the Year from every WCS Location compete at the Finals for WCS Best Song of the Year. Three winners are chosen to showcase their work at the annual WCS Conference in September.
VALLEJO WORKS IN PROGRESS INFORMATION
Works In Progress is a creative critique session for songwriters of all levels. Songwriters can bring current projects, or old gems that they want to revisit and get constructive feedback from experienced songwriters. The session is always conducted in a no-pressure environment to foster development and to improve the participant’s craft. Songwriters can either present their works in pre-recorded demos on CD or I/O devices or bring an instrument to play. For songs that have lyrics bringing lyric sheets, with at least 6 copies is helpful.
This is a place to get feedback, support, and peer and industry professional advice on how you might improve your songs making them stronger and potentially more marketable.
- Host: Alan Mayer, Starfish Recording
- When: Fourth Tuesday of the Month (holidays excluded)
- Start Time: 7PM-9:30PM
- Location: Starfish Recording, 322 Starfish Drive, Vallejo
- RESERVATIONS: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-798-4630
- Follow Vallejo Works in Progress
Alan Mayer is Starfish Recording’s resident Producer, Recording Engineer, Composer, Songwriter, Musician, and Vocalist. Alan has been recording music for over 40 years and was an early adapter of digital recording technology, using Pro Tools since 1995. Alan holds a B.A. from UC Berkeley and a Master’s Certificate in Recording from the Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences in Tempe, Arizona. As a lifelong mentor of musicians and songwriters, one of Alan’s specialties is nurturing fresh talent, making singers sound their best, and transforming raw ideas into a beautiful finished product.
WCS Grand Finals: 08/25/17
- Follow us on Twitter @WCSong
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe to WCS YouTube
- Post our logo and link on your sites - help share the news!
WEST COAST SONGWRITERS
WCS is one of the oldest and most active songwriter organizations in the world. WCS is a non-profit with more than 1,200 members. Membership and admission charges are tax deductible. WCS is a volunteer organization. If you can volunteer, please speak with the Managers or contact WCS. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask the Managers.